Slutty cheesecake bars are a delicious handheld treat that feature a cream cheese filling on an Oreo crust. The cheesecake filling has just the right amount of sugar and tang to it, which makes for a perfect dessert for your next party or gathering.
- 1 What Are Slutty Cheesecake Bars?
- 2 What We Need
- 3 How to Make Slutty Cheesecake Bars
- 4 Slutty Cheesecake Brownie Variations
- 5 Slutty Cheesecake Bars Recipe
- 6 FAQs About Slutty Cheesecake Bars
- 7 Conclusion
What Are Slutty Cheesecake Bars?
Slutty cheesecake bars are a delicious treat, and the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth. The name of these cheesecake bars may be shocking, but they are actually delicious.
The name comes from the fact that these cheesecake bars have a layer of chocolate on top. This is why they are considered slutty by some people. However, there is nothing slutty about these delicious treats!
These cheesecake bars are made with two layers of cheesecake and a layer of chocolate between them. They are then covered in chocolate ganache, which makes them look like they have been dipped in chocolate. However, this recipe does not require you to dip them in chocolate; instead, you can simply sprinkle some powdered sugar over top and serve them up!
What We Need
- Butter: In a medium bowl, beat together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract, salt, and baking powder and mix again until combined.
- Chocolate: Put half of the chocolate chips in a separate bowl and microwave for 30 seconds on high. Stir to melt the chocolate chips (if needed) and then add them to the butter mixture. Stir until combined.
- Cream Cheese: Add in the cream cheese one tablespoon at a time until combined. Set aside 1/4 cup for topping later.
- Sour Cream: Add in sour cream one tablespoon at a time until well combined (don’t over mix). Set aside 1/4 cup for topping later.
- Eggs: Add eggs to the cooled cookie crumbs and mix to combine. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until center is set (if using a 9×9 pan). If you are using an 8×8 pan then bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before cutting into bars or squares.
- Oreo’s: In a food processor or blender, pulse the Oreos until they are finely ground up. Stir in the melted chocolate mixture until fully combined.
- Caramel Sauce: Before baking the cheesecake bars, sprinkle some caramel sauce over them to provide a lovely swirl and a delicious caramel taste.
How to Make Slutty Cheesecake Bars
Step 1: Prepare the pan and heat the oven. Preheat your oven to 350°F. Use a 9×13-inch baking pan, and grease it with nonstick cooking spray or butter.
Step 2: The base of the cookies. In a medium bowl, mix the cookie dough ingredients together until well-combined. Spread out the mixture onto your prepared baking pan and pop it into the oven for about 10 minutes, or until nice and golden brown on top. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely before proceeding to step 2.
Step 3: Baking pan with cookie dough. Once cookies are cooled, cut them into small squares using an offset spatula or knife (if you want bigger pieces, cut as desired). Set aside while you prepare cheesecake layer.
Step 4: Comparable to Oreos. This is a great recipe to make as a gift or even to take to a party. It’s super easy, and it’s really fun to eat! The only thing that takes some time is baking the cheesecake, but it’s worth the wait.
Step 5: Creating cheesecake. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 9-by-13-inch pan and line it with parchment or wax paper. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Add sugar, vanilla extract and eggs; beat until smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
Step 6: Stir in the eggs. In another medium bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into cream cheese mixture with a spatula until well combined (do not overmix!). Pour batter over cream cheese layer and spread gently to cover evenly. Bake for 30 minutes or until center of cake is set but still jiggles slightly when shaken gently (it will firm up as it cools). Cool completely in pan on wire rack before cutting into bars.
Step 7: Fill the pan with cheesecake. Mix together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla, mixing until well-blended.
Step 8: Bake. Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes, or until the edges are set and the center jiggles slightly when shaken. The center should be slightly puffed and will fall as it cools.
Step 9: Chill. Cool for at least 5 hours or overnight before serving. Cheesecake is best chilled overnight so that it is firm enough to cut cleanly.
Step 9: Serve. Spoon mixture into a prepared springform pan or casserole dish, then bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes, or until set. The center may still be slightly jiggly, but it will set as it cools. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire cooling rack for 30 minutes before serving.
Slutty Cheesecake Brownie Variations
These cheesecake brownies are so easy that you can make them with just three ingredients. But I bet you thought there were more than three ingredients, right? The secret is Greek yogurt because it has no fat, which means you’re not using butter or oil in the recipe. Instead of using flour, I use cocoa powder to give the brownies a rich chocolate flavor and texture.
I love making these slutty cheesecake brownies in different flavors:
- Slutty Brownie Truffles: Spoon the batter into a piping bag fitted with a plain tip. Pipe small rounds onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes at 350°F (175°C). Let cool completely before dipping in melted chocolate and sprinkling with crushed nuts or candies. Put back in the fridge until firm again before serving.
- Slutty Peanut Butter Brownie Bites: Stir 1/2 cup (120 ml) peanut butter into the batter just before baking for extra richness and flavor.
- Slutty Cherry Cheesecake Brownies: Add 1/2 cup (60 g) dried cherries to the batter along with the other ingredients, then sprinkle chopped cherries on top. Bake and serve as directed.
- Slutty Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Brownies: Use peanut butter chips instead of chopped chocolate-covered cherries.
- Slutty Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies: Stir 1/4 cup (40 ml) raspberry preserves into the batter just before baking.
- Slutty Chocolate Fudge Brownie Truffles: Spoon the batter into a piping bag fitted with a plain tip. Pipe small rounds onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and sprinkle with chopped fudge.
Slutty Cheesecake Bars Recipe
- Cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Filling: 16 ounces cream cheese, softened (two 8-ounce packages)
- Then, coat an 8x8-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray and parchment paper, and preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Next, uniformly press the cookie dough (which should be between 1/8" and 14" thick) into the bottom of the 8" × 8" pan.
- On top of the cookie batter, arrange 16 entire Oreo cookies in rows of 4 by 4, then set aside.
- After that, combine cream cheese and sugar in a mixing bowl by beating them on medium to low speed. A stand mixer or a hand mixer can be used.
- Do not overbeat the eggs; simply add the cracked eggs to the cream cheese mixture and stir until smooth.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the oreo cookies with caution. To distribute the cream cheese mixture evenly, lightly shake the pan.
- Crumble up the final two Oreos and scatter them on top of the cream cheese layer.
- Finally, use a knife or toothpick to swirl the cream cheese and caramel together after drizzling the heated caramel sauce over the top of the oreo crumbles.
- Bars should bake for 35–45 minutes @ 350°F.
- Before removing the parchment paper and setting the bars on a cutting board, remove the pan from the oven and allow the bars cool for 20 minutes.
- Before cutting the bars into little cubes, let them cool fully.
Servings: 24, Total Fat: 15g, Saturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 30mg, Sodium: 225mg, Carbohydrates: 10g, Fiber: 0g, Sugar: 7g, Protein: 2g.
- Use a food processor to grate the graham crackers and chop the walnuts. It’s so much easier than doing it by hand!
- If you’re looking for more cheesecake inspiration, try our Oreo Cheesecake Bars or Fudgy Brownie Cheesecake Bars!
- For an extra-decadent treat, top with whipped cream or frosting.
How To Store
Store in an airtight container at room temperature, away from direct sunlight and heat. If you’re planning to use these cheesecake bars on the same day, you can store them in a cake pan or a shallow baking dish. You can also cover them with aluminum foil and refrigerate them until needed. However, it’s best to let them come to room temperature before serving so they’re not too cold when you eat them.
FAQs About Slutty Cheesecake Bars
1. How do i store these slutty cheesecake bars?
You can store these bars in the fridge for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 1 month. But if you’re going to freeze them, I highly recommend letting them thaw at room temperature before serving. The texture is much better and they’re easier to cut!
2. Can i freeze these bars?
Yes! These bars can be frozen for up to 1 month. To freeze, allow the cheesecake bars to cool completely at room temperature. Then cover tightly with plastic wrap and place in the freezer until firm (about 1 hour). When ready to serve, remove from freezer and let thaw at room temperature for about 30 minutes before serving.
3. Does the chocolate layer have to be melted?
No, it does not. You can use a plain old chocolate bar instead of melting it. However, if you do this, it may be slightly more difficult to spread the chocolate over the cheesecake layer.
Yes! You can use any cookie that you desire (even homemade ones). Just make sure that you crush them into crumbs before adding them to your cheesecake mixture.
Slutty cheesecake bars are the perfect dessert for your next party or event. These homemade sugar cookie bars are topped with a creamy cheesecake filling and then drizzled with chocolate ganache for the ultimate indulgence. If you love to bake, you will fall in love with these slutty cheesecake bars!