This cheese zombie sandwich recipes are the perfect party appetizer and surprisingly easy to make! These cheesy sandwiches are great for kids’ parties, Halloween parties, or anytime you want something delicious without spending a lot of time in the kitchen.
What is Cheese Zombie?
Cheese Zombie Sandwiches are a delicious and easy snack or lunch. The sandwiches are packed with cheese and veggies. They are perfect for anyone who is looking for a healthy snack that is easy to make.
The best part about these sandwiches is that they only take minutes to make. All you need is a few simple ingredients and a microwave.
You can also customize them with your favorite veggies, cheese, and sauces to make them your own unique snack!
History of the Cheese Zombie:
The history of cheese zombies is a long and twisted tale. It all began in the early 20th century, when a young man named Fred Zombauer was working at his father’s cheese shop in Wisconsin. One day, Fred accidentally left some fresh mozzarella out of the refrigerator for too long, and when he came back to it, it had started to turn green. He picked off a slice to eat as an experiment, and found that it tasted delicious!
Fred experimented further with this strange new form of cheese, and ended up developing a recipe that has been passed down through the generations. The result was what we now know as “Zombauer’s Zombie Cheese”, which was soon being sold all over Wisconsin (and eventually all over America).
In the 1950s, Zombauer’s son Frank developed a new way of mass producing his father’s invention: by mixing it with other types of cheese and adding preservatives and coloring agents, he created a new type of processed cheese product called “zombie cheese”. This became hugely popular throughout the United States during the 1960s and 1970s; many people still remember eating zombie cheeseburgers or zombie pizza as kids!
What Are the Different Types of Cheese Zombies?
There are many different types of cheese zombies sandwiches. Here are some of the most popular:
- The Classic Cheese Zombies Sandwich. This is a simple yet delicious sandwich that will satisfy any appetite. It is made with two slices of bread, one slice of cheese and one slice of meat. The sandwich can be eaten in one bite or cut into two halves to make it easier to chew.
- The Double Cheese Zombies Sandwich. The double cheese zombies sandwich is made with two slices of bread, three slices of cheese and two slices of meat. This is the ultimate cheese zombies sandwich because it offers the most variety for your taste buds!
- The Triple Cheese Zombies Sandwich. The triple cheese zombies sandwich uses three slices of bread, four slices of cheese and three slices of meat for maximum flavor! This is a great option if you want something small but still want plenty of flavor from each bite.
- The Quadruple Cheese Zombies Sandwich. If you really want to impress your friends at work or school with your love for cheesy goodness, then try making this quadruple-decker sandwich! It uses four pieces of bread, five pieces of cheese and four pieces of meat to create an epic meal that can feed an entire family!
How Do Cheese Zombies Taste?
Cheese zombies taste great because they are made from real cheese and other ingredients that are rich in flavor. There are many different flavors available, including spicy and mild varieties for people who have different tastes. The spicy variety has a little spice added to it for those who like things hot. The mild version is perfect for those who don’t want anything too spicy or hot in their food. All varieties are delicious and can be enjoyed by anyone who loves cheese or wants something new to try out on their next mealtime adventure!
How to Store Cheese Zombies?
Cheese Zombies are a delicious, savory treat that you can eat any time of day. But, if you have leftovers, you need to know how to store them so they don’t spoil.
There are several ways that you can keep your sandwiches fresh for as long as possible.
The first thing you want to do is make sure that the cheese is wrapped in plastic wrap before putting it in the refrigerator. This will help keep the moisture from evaporating and drying out your sandwich.
If you are storing in a cooler or lunch bag, make sure that there is an airtight seal around the container. This will prevent air from getting into the container and drying out your food.
You also want to make sure that your cheese zombies don’t touch each other and stick together when stored together. If this happens, just pull them apart gently so they don’t break apart into pieces when trying to get them apart again later on down the line!
In conclusion, the cheese zombie recipe is a great recipe to use for parties. The recipe is easy to follow and works perfectly every time, giving you more time to plan for your party. Add this recipe to your list of must-have recipes for a perfect Halloween party.
Cheese Zombie Recipe
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Parchment paper (optional)
- Baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone mat (optional)
- Oven set to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- 50 ml of hot water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup plus 1 teaspoon granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup lukewarm whole milk
- 14 cups softened unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 4 1/2 cups leveled and spooned unbleached all-purpose flour
- 16 cubes of 8 ounces of processed Velveeta cheese
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- Using parchment paper, line two baking pans. Place aside.
- Combine water, yeast, and 1 teaspoon of sugar in a big bowl. Stir to combine, then wait for 5 to 10 minutes while it foams.
- Add 2 cups of the flour, the softened butter, salt, the remaining 1/3 cup of sugar, and the egg. Add the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, and continue mixing until the dough just begins to pull away from the sides of the basin (you may not need it all.)
- Once a soft, elastic dough develops, transfer to a surface that has been lightly dusted with flour.
- Place the dough in a basin that has been lightly greased, cover it, and let it rise in a warm location for about 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 16 equal pieces after rolling it out into a rectangle. Round out the pieces after shaping, then gently flatten. Each round should have a cheese cube in the middle. Pinch the dough tightly together at the bottom of each round to form a compact, round ball.
- Rolls should be placed 2 inches apart, pinched side down, on the prepared baking sheets. For around 30 minutes, wrap in plastic and allow to rise once more in a warm environment.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melted butter should be used to brush the rolls' tops. Halfway through the 15-minute baking period, rotate baking sheets. The remaining butter should be brushed over the tops before baking for 5 more minutes or until golden brown.
- Before serving, take the baked goods out of the oven and let them cool somewhat, but keep them hot enough to preserve the wonderful gooey cheese within.
- NOTE: Real cheddar cheese should not be used in place of Velveeta. They'll become oily and it won't melt correctly. Refer to the entire page for advice, and watch the video for visual guidance.
- Always use a high quality cheese for this recipe. You can use the pre-grated cheese but I recommend to grate your own cheese. It will be fresher and melt better.
- You can use any type of meat in these sandwiches. For example, you can use ham instead of chicken or turkey instead of beef.
- If you want a vegetarian version, replace the meat with tofu slices or mushrooms.